PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT] Accept this challenge !

quiquedcode
07-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi
The famous Trojan.StartPage.6.AQ entered in my Windows 2000 Adv. Server.
After i ran HijackThis, and browsered lot of forums, i found a patch from an antivirus developer for it. I ran the patch, the trojan was found, and it asked me to reboot.
When i rebooted i was presented with the login screen, i logued in, but then i saw "Saving your preferences" and instantly i was logued out !!.

Well, these are my problems:

1. I saw i could edit the registry remotely to fix the userinit.exe login/logoff loop problem, but i don't have LAN and i have blocked remote registry editing.
2. I cannot boot from any bootable cdrom, coz i have LILO with knoppix installed in my hdd (I'm posting this from knoppix)

I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server installed with lot of video editing appz, etc. which i use to work.

One possible solution i think is:
Remove LILO, boot from the bootable CDROM, I have miniPE and Hiren's bootcd for fixing the windows problem. And then, after fixing the problem, re-install LILO again and make the things be normal like always...

IS THIS POSSIBLE? ANY OTHER IDEAS? thanks ALOT in advance

tearinghairout
07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
2. I cannot boot from any bootable cdrom, coz i have LILO with knoppix installed in my hdd (I'm posting this from knoppix)
Simply having LILO installed is no reason why you shouldn't be able to boot from a cd-rom.

LILO is only used after your computer has decided that it should attempt to boot from the hard drive.

It is up to the BIOS to decide whether to boot from floppy/CDROM/harddisk/other etc.

You should check your BIOS settings to ensure that "boot from CD" is enabled..