PDA

View Full Version : Hdd Install No Clue

JerryD
07-16-2004, 02:44 PM
I have no clue on how to install Knoppix 3.4 to the hard drive. I have a 60gb hard drive with Windows XP & a 10gb hard drive with nothing on it. I know how to boot the cd to the desktop. I started this boot command sudo knoppix-installer and then i'm lost. I want to keep Windows XP also for right now until I figure out Knoppix. So any help please if you can be detail because I don't know what I doing right now. I'm trying to learn from doing searches so I am trying.

mzilikazi
07-18-2004, 07:58 PM
There must be 100 posts (probably many more) about dual booting xp & Knoppix. Try the windows forum.

rrfish72
07-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Did you format the other drive for linux ext3. Make sure in the knoppix installer you hit the space bar when you highlight your choice. The dot has to be on your choice in between the parenthesis. Try beginner install. Good luck.

j.drake
07-19-2004, 03:39 PM
There must be 100 posts (probably many more) about dual booting xp & Knoppix. Try the windows forum.

Just to clarify, JerryD, search the entire forum - not just the windows forum. The windows forum is less than a month old. I doubt that it has as many as 100 posts total yet.