PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.4 wont show on my monitor!!

Robbie
07-17-2004, 03:56 AM
:evil: ok im extremely frustrated with this problem im getting whenever i try to boot Knoppix 3.4 I have never used linux before this is my first time. Im on windows xp =\ and whenever i boot knoppix up everything seems to be going just fine but after it gets to the configuration screen where it shows everything being found and what not it goes to what i think to load up to the knoppix desktop...only problem is is that my monitor stays pitch black and i will hear a voice "initiating start sequence" but it still stays black cutting my monitor on and off..and will keep doing it for as long as you wish to stare at it.
i used the "knoppix screen=800x600" and "knoppix checkdisk" and "vga=normal" cheat codes and it still does this problem and for the life of me i cant figure out what this is and how to fix it and i would appreciate it to no end if somebody could help me with this frustrating problem.

Robbie
07-17-2004, 08:53 AM
ok well i read up on google and i got past the load screen by using failsafe but thats the only thing i can get to work AT ALL its still a little frustrating but i was still excited that i got the damn thing to load if anybody can help me out on how to get Knoppix 3.2 to work without using failsafe please help!

Robbie
07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
for the post above i notced i put 3.2 when i meant to put 3.4 sorry about that.

shah
07-19-2004, 03:04 PM
try noagp

Robbie
07-19-2004, 10:49 PM
i have tried many things since i have tried :
noapic
noscsi
noagp
knoppix xserverXF86_SVGA
knoppix vga=788

none of those have worked either.

uraclea2002
07-20-2004, 04:52 AM
are you using an lcd screen?
try the cheat code fb1280x1024 or some other preferred resolution.

Robbie
07-20-2004, 07:36 AM
yes i am using an LCD im using a BENQ FP547 and i have tried a few resolution cheats but none seem to work so far....but i have not used that cheat yet so ill give it a try.

Robbie
07-20-2004, 07:49 AM
hell yes!!!!!!!!! i got it to work thank you so very much!!!!! i have tried so hard to get this to work i have to admit i feel quite stupid for not using this earlier it was so simple it just blew me away haha thank you.