PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix with AMD64 and SATA

spielc
07-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi i'm trying to run Knoppix 3.4 on my Athlon64 3000+ with a Seagate SATA HD. I just want to use it to install gentoo on my computer BUT i have serious troubles doing it cuz:

1. when i try to boot with knoppix the system crashes (guess it's cuz of the SATA and/or the 64bit Processor)

2. when i boot with knoppix26 it bootes up as it should BUT it doesn't recognize my SATA-HD plus my WLAN-Adapter (prism3-Chip) and i need both for the installation of gentoo

I remarked that the prism2_usb driver can be used when booting the knoppix kernel (tried it on another pc...) but as i can't boot it it's no use anyway.

Does anybody know a solution or workaround for that?

tlewis
07-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Knoppix 3.4 boots on my Athlon 64 3200. It doesn't recognize my USB ports though.

Jez
07-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Works fine for me too, with my Althon64 3000. My hard disk is SATA, and isn't detected unless I use the 2.6 kernel, but it doesn't crash if I use 2.4... It just doesn't show up.

I found that after doing an hdd install, I couldn't boot Knoppix unless I took my Belkin USB bluetooth adapter out. Maybe if you unplug anything you don't need you might find it starts working? :/ It's not a very educated answer but it might work :P