PDA

View Full Version : Help me.. Error booting remastered cd (3.3)..

Sago7
07-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Well, I dont know what can be wrong.. y recibe this message when i boot my remastered cd.. (i copy all :) )

----------------

Welcome to... bla bla

Accesing Knoppix cdrom at /dev/scd0
Total memory found:223764 Kb
Creating /ramdisk (dynamic size=1748880k) on shared memory...Done
Creating directories an symlinks on ramdisk...Done
Starting init process
INIT: version 2.78-knoppix botting
Running from HD, checking filesystems...
Activating swap
Checking root filesystems...
fsck 1.35-WIP (31-Jan-2004)
fsck.ext2: is a directory while trying to open /
/:

The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid ant it really contains an etxt2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:

e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

fsck failed. Please repait mannually and reboot. Please note that the root filesystem is currently mounted read-only. To remount it read-write:

#mount -n -o remount,rw

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and reboot the system

root@console#

----------------------------

Some clue??.... I dont undertsand what is wrong :cry:

And when y tris to start X (startx) it still try ti run KDE but i remove it, and i want to run icewm... I edit knoppix-autoconfiguration but it dont work....

CrashedAgain
07-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Well, I dont know what can be wrong.. y recibe this message when i boot my remastered cd.. (i copy all :) )

----------------

Welcome to... bla bla

Accesing Knoppix cdrom at /dev/scd0
Total memory found:223764 Kb
Creating /ramdisk (dynamic size=1748880k) on shared memory...Done
Creating directories an symlinks on ramdisk...Done
Starting init process
INIT: version 2.78-knoppix botting
Running from HD, checking filesystems...
Activating swap
Checking root filesystems...
fsck 1.35-WIP (31-Jan-2004)
fsck.ext2: is a directory while trying to open /
/:

The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid ant it really contains an etxt2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:

e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

fsck failed. Please repait mannually and reboot. Please note that the root filesystem is currently mounted read-only. To remount it read-write:

#mount -n -o remount,rw

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and reboot the system

root@console#

----------------------------

Some clue??.... I dont undertsand what is wrong :cry:

And when y tris to start X (startx) it still try ti run KDE but i remove it, and i want to run icewm... I edit knoppix-autoconfiguration but it dont work....

Are you running from HD or are you trying to boot a finished remastered CD?

Will it boot knoppix 2 or knoppix failsafe?

If you are running from HD (as it says), it looks like you maybe actually have a corrupted file system. Are you using an ext2 filesystem type? If so, you should change it to an ext3 type as soon as possible....much more reliable.

I think the command to change to ext3 is
tune2fs -j /dev/hdaX
(see man tune2fs)

Now for the bad news. If you actually have a corrupted ext2 filesystem, you may not be able to recover the system. I had this happen twice very early in my Linux experience & each time ended up reinstalling the system. Since switching to ext3, no more trouble.

For the startx problem, startx actually ends up running /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession which starts KDE, so this is the script you will have to edit, not autoconfig.

Sago7
07-19-2004, 06:31 AM
I get this error when i boot from my finished remastered cd (i burn the iso)...

I follow the instructions of the remastering how-to of www.knoppix.net

If i understand i should change from ext2 to ext3 the partition where i have the source of the remastered cd?????..
In my case:

/mn/hdd9/knx/source/KNOPPIX
/mnt/hdd9/knx/master/

???..

I fix the problem with the window manager, thanks a lot..

Waaaaaaaath is wrong!!!... Why appears Running from HD, checking filesystems... ???????...
I'm worried about this :cry:

CrashedAgain
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Perhaps it is not actually booting from the CD but instead is trying to find the CD, not finding it, then looking to boot from the HD? What happens if you try to boot the CD in a different computer?

Sago7
07-20-2004, 02:10 AM
I made some changes... And i still have the same problem but without the line "Running from HD, checking filesystems... "....

I will try it in other pc...

If someone have more information for this errors pls help!!...

Sago7
07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
I give up.. So now i start my new remastering with Knoppix 3.4