PDA

View Full Version : sudo knoppix-installer

jodef
07-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I have already partitioned my hdrive would like to put /home and / root on different partitions but the installer only seems to allow you to specify the root partition.

Did I miss something? :?:

champagnemojo
07-19-2004, 12:33 AM
You'll need to do this by modifying the .knofig file with whatever text editor you choose to use. The file is well-commented so you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

A. Jorge Garcia
07-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Oh, so that's how you do it? Now, I presume you mean the .knofig file on the liveCD before the hdinstall, right? If so, how do you edit the file as its ro? BTW, what dir is it in? Can I chmod it or can I delete it and relink it from somewhere else?

TIA,
AJG

jodef
07-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Thx that worked

From console just <su> enter
kwrite .knofig from the installer choose load configuration file and then start install.

HTH :wink:

champagnemojo
07-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Oh, so that's how you do it? Now, I presume you mean the .knofig file on the liveCD before the hdinstall, right? If so, how do you edit the file as its ro? BTW, what dir is it in? Can I chmod it or can I delete it and relink it from somewhere else?

TIA,
AJG

It's writable because it's saved into ram. The default location of the .knofig file is in /root. But if you want, you can specify your own location and file name for the config file through the knoppix-installer gui (when you choose save configuration).