PDA

View Full Version : usb keyboard sandisk usb cf card reader

anushatech
03-15-2003, 03:46 AM
I received a copy of german version of Knoppix cd with a magazine I subscribe to.

Everything works fine except the HP USB Multimedia/Internet keyboard configuration at command prompt & the sandisk imagemate usb card reader.

I boot with "knoppix lang=us" for setting the keyboard to US layout. While booting it gave a message that keyboard not detected. Under X it is detected & configured properly but at the console (ctrl+alt+f2 etc ) it reverts to German layout. I even switched the keyboard from USB to conventional PS2 but the problem persists.

My Sandisk ImageMate USB CF card reader is detected properly but I don't know how to set it for accesing as an external removable drive.

My D-Link DSB-H3ETX usb hub + 10/100 ethernet port are also detected & onfigured properly.

Any & all help would be appreciated.

zzyzx
03-15-2003, 09:09 AM
I have a sandisk reader.

root@kingtut:/mnt# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
root@kingtut:/mnt# cd sda1
root@kingtut:/mnt/sda1# ls
My Documents bmp

If you are using off cdrom, you probably can

sudo passwd
root
su
enter password: root
mkdir /mnt/sda1
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
cd /mnt/sda1

anushatech
03-16-2003, 04:30 AM
I would appreciate it if you let me know where I can download the US English version of the iso image.

Another thing is will the command work in the root shell in kde desktop or do I have to go to another shell using ctrl+alt+f?. For this I have to sort out the keyboard layout problem first since it cjhanges to German layout.

Thanks for your help.

VeeDubb
03-19-2003, 07:30 AM
http://www.knoppix.org that's the official site. There's a table of mirrors at the bottum and most ef them offer the english versionh, though they all seem to have V. 3.1 and not 3.2 Just be sure you get the one that ends in EN as opposed to DE.

RockMumbles
03-19-2003, 07:14 PM
anushatech wrote:

Another thing is will the command work in the root shell in kde desktop or do I have to go to another shell using ctrl+alt+f?. For this I have to sort out the keyboard layout problem first since it changes to German layout.
You can use konsole, xterm, etc. or any other x terminal emulator from KDE.

HTH

rock

anushatech
03-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Thanks everyone. My SanDisk problem is solved.

Now for the keyboard layout any suggestion of editing some file somewhere to set it to US at boot time ?

The downloads are extremely slow - would take close to 250 hrs !!!! Multiple logons are not allowed.