PDA

View Full Version : windows xp and overclockix ... karamba

the nahka
07-23-2004, 07:22 PM
hi all! just installed overclockix on my amilo d8830 with win xp, only problem this far is that karamba won start, no erroe mess or whatever... I really appreciate help from anyone, Linux newbie.. tried redhat...mandrake...slackware...gentoo... knoppix works just fine (from cd and hdsisk tought overklockix would too , just did (doing apt-get update. just now apt-get upgrade.... what else? :) thanks .... xscuse me poor english..!

arkaine23
07-23-2004, 08:57 PM
What is your video hardware? Also what resolution are you using. SOme of the karamba themes may appear on the right side of the screen for a 1280x1024 resolution., but if your resolution is smaller you may not see them at all.

Also some video hardware does not seem to want to render karamba. I have a laptop that would not display any karamba themes (probably has something to do with using the framebuffer driver).....

-Guy who made Overclockix

the nahka
07-23-2004, 09:17 PM
hi, thanks for your fast reply, I have a fujitsu-siemens amilo d8830 laptop, ati radeon 9000. 64M. karamba worked while itwas running of the cd, installed it, hda2= 768M swap, hda3 15G /home, currently using resolution above 1024x768, can remember what it is, sorry