PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3,4 fails BIGTIME with NVida GeForce2 400 AGP s card

alexjenx
07-28-2004, 06:00 PM
With PCi screen card Knoppix worked fine. When I installed a NVida GeForce2 400 AGP screen card (64Mb RAM) Knoppix 3.4 failed BIGTIME!!! Everything was detectected except the last thing during the boot...the X configuration fails BIGTIME and turns off the screen and completely locks the pc...I can't eject the Knoppix CD and I can't turn off the pc by Ctrl +Alt +Del or the front panel button ...I have to unplugg the powersupply in order to reboot. What a mess.
What a mess this Knoppix CD..it fails REALLY BIGTIME! Here follows my
details:
Bios:
Phoenix -AwardBIOS CMOS
i865PE - W83627- 6A79AA1BC-17

PC/OS: Win2k PRO ENG, 512Mb RAM ,
Maybe the Knoppix developers should have anaother look?

-Alex

gruntbuggly
07-28-2004, 10:09 PM
AGP GeForce2 MX 400 64MB, right? I have the exact same video card and Knoppix 3.4 works just fine.

When Knoppix is running you can't eject the CD, that's normal.

I assume Win2k is functional? Have you tried the screen=nxn and/or xvrefresh=n cheatcodes?

nicorelli
08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
me too. works fine.

my problem is getting the XF86Config.new file changed so that my mouse protocol is set for a roller mouse. i want to use dual displays. solo displays, however, that tv-card works great...

also, try installing knoppix 3.4 on a partition of your hdd or on another hdd. i think running it from the disk was your problem...

nvm