PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix HDD install won't work

Cryptic_K
07-29-2004, 01:47 AM
okay, i played around with the livecd abit, liked it, so i ran the knoppix-installer script. i partitioned. i made an ext2 partition with qtparted, about 5 GB, then i made a linux-swap partition about 500 MB. then i installed it.. on the screen, it said alot of errors, like, cannot open such and such, because its write-protected. i got worried, but then at the end it said it went succesfully. then it setup lilo, i put it in the master boot record, then i rebooted. took out the cd. i was asked to login. so i did. then i was asked to go through the kde wizard or something. so i did. but all these weird errors saying, 'Interproccessing failed' and 'DCPsomething was not found, please activate' or something. I just clicked okay, then when it was loading, it just told me to check my installation. so.. could anybody help me? oh and at the debian boot screen, are you supposed to press the up/down arrows to choose? because for some reason my keyboard dosen't work at boot screen, or when i'm booting knoppix.. where it says 'boot:'. anybody?
NOTE: i'm on knoppix 3.4

shah
07-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Reinstall knoppix.
Before installing knoppix, make sure there is no bad block in your harddisk. Bad block can cause lots of problem when installing any linux distro.

doublethink
08-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Note - I defragmented and then created my partition from windows with partition magick, and I created an ext3 partition.

Then booted into knoppix and from the console ran:

sudo knoppix-installer

And I was away! I take it you've read this:

http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall