PDA

View Full Version : .sh files

Egypt322
07-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I cannot open .sh files. Is there a program I can download to do this? I am running windows 98 Second Edition and there are not many types of files I can open. Any help would be great. I want to install Knoppix but can't get the files open or get it to boot. I had bought SUSE 9.1 pro but it also was a none working item. Also, how do I modify my bios? I can get into it and find what I want but can't seem to change anything.

eadz
07-29-2004, 04:08 PM
You have to boot your computer from the CD.

To do that, you have to change the boot order in your BIOS. When you first turn on the computer, when the black screen comes up, usually there will be a note saying "Press del to enter setup" or it could be F2 or F8 .. When you are in there, you want to change your boot order so that CDROM is at the top of the list.

Egypt322
07-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I know how to get into my BIOS setup, the problem is it won't let me change my start up order.
My question is, how do I do this? I can highlite the section I want to change then I try to use the modify but it does nothing. There are no passwords blocking anything so I am stumped here on what to do.

eadz
07-30-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know about your bios. Maybe you can ask who you got the comptuer from how to set the bios so it boots from CD?