PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX w rtlinux / problem with ash-knoppix

Sirius
07-29-2004, 04:41 PM
I wanted to create rtlinux live cd based on KNOPPIX and followed the KNOPPIX remastering and custom kernel howtos provided here.

Unfortunately it was nut successfull :(
I took KNOPPIX 3.1 as this version used kernel 4.2.20 (what i needed for rtlinux).
Remastering KNOPPIX and changin the installed kernel worked without any problems, so I took the running configuration, applied the rtlinux patch, disabled apm/acpi and compiled the kernel.
But when I boot this remastered KNOPPIX, it hangs when searching for the KNOPPIX iso file and drops me to the ash-shell.

OK, after that I thought it would be a problem with ash and tried to compile ash-knoppix, but that always produces compiler-errors.

root@ttyp0[ash-knoppix-0.2]# make
./modutils-2.4.15/util/libutil.a(logger.o)(.text+0xb0): In function `error':
: multiple definition of `error'
error.o(.text+0xa7): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `error' changed from 175 in error.o to 252 in ./modutils-2.4.15/util/libutil.a(logger.o)
./modutils-2.4.15/insmod/insmod.o(.note+0x10): undefined reference to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc'
./modutils-2.4.15/obj/libobj.a(obj_kallsyms.o)(.note+0x10): undefined reference to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc'
./modutils-2.4.15/obj/libobj.a(obj_common.o)(.note+0x10): undefined reference to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc'
./modutils-2.4.15/obj/libobj.a(obj_load.o)(.note+0x10): undefined reference to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc'
./modutils-2.4.15/obj/libobj.a(obj_reloc.o)(.note+0x10): undefined reference to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc'
./modutils-2.4.15/obj/libobj.a(obj_i386.o)(.note+0x10): more undefined references to `__you_tried_to_link_a_dietlibc_object_against_gli bc' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Fehler 1

So, does anyone have an idea, where to go now? Is it a problem with rtlinux, ash-knoppi or with me?

Thanks for any help,
Sirius