PDA

View Full Version : SMC EZ Connect Wireless USB Adapter *INTERNET DOSNT WORK*

TechniK
07-31-2004, 04:26 AM
Ive got networked computers.. and i use the receiving computer..
So not the computer that has the internet, but the computer that recieves it..
I went to the configure network card thing.. and it said "No supported Network Card Found"
My network card is SMC EZ Connect Wireless USB Adapter(SMC2662W)

tearinghairout
07-31-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi Technik

A quick google seems to suggest that your card uses the Atmel chipset.
I noticed that Tetsuo seems to have got (his/hers?) working with the Atmel chipset by installing the drivers.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11712

Maybe you should PM Tetsuo and ask for step by step instructions.

Failing that, there seems to be a whole mailing list devoted to this subject here https://iprserv.jura.uni-leipzig.de/mailman/listinfo/atmel-wlan-usb

I notice too that there is a debian package called 'atmelwlandriver', so a simple
apt-get install atmelwlandriver might be all you need to do.

Of course, all these probably assume that you have Knoppix installed on the HD. If you are just running from CD, I'm not sure how to go about doing this stuff.

Sorry I can't actually provide you with the answer, I could be more specific if I had one of these myself, but I don't.

BTW. Sorry we hijacked your earlier post.[/url]

TechniK
07-31-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks.. im actually using the CD though, im not ready to partition anything yet.
Ill see if Tetsuo PM's me back but i dont think he/she will.
I guess ill just see what happans.

Letum
07-31-2004, 05:39 PM
my friend had the same problem knoppix has a VERY VERY hard time finding usb networking adapters if you can even get a driver for it which i doubt he ended up having to plug his computer into the router via ethernet cables and it had no problems at all. untill someone makes drivers for usb wireless adapters your gonna have to go wired.
or find something that works that he didnt (he looked around for weeks) didnt find anything

he tried using a Linksys wireless usb adapter