PDA

View Full Version : Help in remastering KnoppixKDE (help Edaz!)

shlomil
03-18-2003, 04:56 PM
hi,
I made a KnoppixKDE remaster today , my goal was to make a KDE desktop with hebrew/english defaults. i installed the KDE hebrew language pack, then i set it to hebrew and changed the keyboard layouts to be hebrew/english, then i added some hebrew fonts.
i changed the files in directory "/etc/skel/.kde/" but some of the changes i made did not take effect. for example, in the new iso i created, the file /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kxkbrc which contans information about keyboard layouts is still set to hebrew/english , but layout the file in the home directory of the user "knoppix" that gets created automatically contain the old "en ,de,es" defaults back. I have similar problems with :
Setting the interface language to hebrew.
Setting KDE to use hebrew fonts.

:(

BTW: i can't wait to see KnoppixKDEv2 ...
when will it be available ?

regards,
Shlomi.

shlomil
03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
ok now,
i read some threads in this forum .. i think it can be fixeded by setting permissions or by copying the knoppix.sh file to ..../knxmaster/KNOPPIX.

can someone elaborate about the knoppix.sh method ?

SillyFly
03-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Shalom Shlomi.

you may be interested to look at the Kinneret project - a project relying on Knoppix to create a linux-on-disk dist. for the israeli student (http://kinneret.miloberi.com)
about your questions - you can icq me : 40773400.

Itai.

shlomil
03-18-2003, 10:15 PM
i've managed to solve the problem with the Knoppix.sh file ....
now i have a all-hebrew defualt UI + installed some fonts from the Culmus - free hebrew fonts project.

it works and looks great ! And it wasn't hard to do at all :)

i'm searching for some web space now to put it online.

i heard about the Kineret project but all i wanted is a cool ,little Linux/KDE-demo CD in hebrew for the avarage israeli user.

Shlomi.