PDA

View Full Version : Help?

lord-macintosh
03-19-2003, 03:52 AM
I booted into knoppix but everything was in a different language? Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I wasnt able to get passed this one dialogue box that came up when i first booted, i had no idea what it was asking so it just sat there. Any help is appreciated.

rickenbacherus
03-19-2003, 04:31 AM
This one's for free-next time do a search. this has got to be one of the easiest problems to solve. When you boot the cd and get to the Knoppix screen hit F2. That brings up the cheat codes. Look here
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes

type this at boot:
knoppix lang=us

BTW - you are so much more likely to get a response if you use an appropriate subject line. NOT just 'help' your lordship.

Dave_Bechtel
03-19-2003, 05:23 AM
--Make sure to download the ENglish .iso next time, not the DE (german) one.

--Also (and I hope this is fixed in the next release; current is 2003-01-20) when you install to HD, KDE will come up in German. You have to go into the KDE Configuration utility (' kcontrol ' control center) and go thru the menu to set the language to English.

I booted into knoppix but everything was in a different language? Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I wasnt able to get passed this one dialogue box that came up when i first booted, i had no idea what it was asking so it just sat there. Any help is appreciated.

lord-macintosh
03-20-2003, 04:02 AM
Hey thanks for the help but actually u can change the language before it boots up when ur at the boot screen type in

boot: knoppix lang=en

this will give u the english version. I cleared that up but i am experiencing an error when its ready to load the desktop. Signal 11 error Segdev or something like that error. I will give more details later any idea what it is?

lord-macintosh
03-20-2003, 04:06 AM
8)