PDA

View Full Version : Help with ndiswrapper and driverloader

jmccamb
08-09-2004, 05:27 PM
i have recently bought a WPC11 version 4 after taking back my Dlink Air Plus because i thought that this one would work because it is a older b card. I then looked around and found out it is a older chipset and thus not working with knoppix. I then found "ndiswrapper" and "driverloader" and after extracting the .gz files and using the shell to enter "make install", i recieved this for both Ndiswrapper and DriverLoader

knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ cd /mnt/sda1/driverloader-1.77
knoppix@ttyp0[driverloader-1.77]$ make install
make: Warning: File `modules/imported/makeflags.mak' has modification time 1.2e+08 s in the future
make[1]: ../modules/kernelcompiler.sh: Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/sda1/driverloader-1.77/modules'
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/sda1/driverloader-1.77/modules'
make[1]: Warning: File `../modules/imported/makeflags.mak' has modification time 1.2e+08 s in the future
rm -rf "/usr/lib/driverloader/config.mak" "/usr/lib/driverloader/modules/imported" "/usr/lib/driverloader/modules"
mkdir -m 755 -p /usr/lib/driverloader/modules
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/driverloader': Read-only file system
make[1]: *** [/usr/lib/driverloader/modules] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/sda1/driverloader-1.77/modules'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?
I am transfering all this on a USB pen drive, does that have anything to do with it?

jmccamb
08-10-2004, 09:38 PM
well seeing as no one has responded i decided to follow up on this problem that i had. After noticing the same problem with both drivers, i realized that this was because i was running the OS on a computer w/o a hard drive, which was also one of the reasons i decided to use knoppix in the first place. I found out that you can not install drivers to the linux OS unless it is installed on the HardDrive.

My main goal with all of this was to be able to acesse the internet on my laptop somehow without a hardd drive, and without spending any money on any hardware except the WiFi card itself. I acomplised that by using a OS called BartPE which uses your Windows XP CD to make the ISO image itself. This PE builder allows the adding of plugins so i downloded the plugin for the WPC11 version 4 card ( they have lots of NIC drivers ) and now i am up and running with my card. I suggest this to anyone who had the same problem as i did. I know this may not be of interest to that many people, if any but i just thought i would share.