PDA

View Full Version : Triple Booting Windiws-98,RH-9.0 & Knoppix w/o a Cdrom

opensource_powered
08-09-2004, 08:08 PM
MY Goal is to...if possible 'triple' Boot My (B) Laptop
with Win-98, Redhat-9.0 and Knoppix[Debian] understand, it has no cdrom.

MY Question to the Forum is ...
Generally speaking [given the 'lack of a directly connected cdrom'] -> should I/Can I 'triple' Boot this laptop(B),and what is the best proceedure? Given that Knoppix appears to default to the use of Lilo, should I also use Lilo when I install Redhat 9.0 prior to installing Knoppix?
--> Would it be a good idea to install Knoopix prior to installing Redhat 9.0 ?

--> Is it possible to copy my Knoppix Cd to either the a DOS or Linux partition and then boot Knoppix from the laptop in order to do a 'hard drive' install of Knoppix to the laptop?

Thanks in advance for your advice
Johnny

My Systems: 1. a Home LAN Server [Redhat 9.0 now - probably switch eventually to Fedora-2 or Debian[ using Knoppix Hard Drive installs off cd]

2. I have 2 Laptops, both are Dell Latitude CS 400mhtz, 128 m RAM, with LinkSys 10/100 + 56K Modem PCMCIA Cards, one is
(A) my daughters with a '6 gig hard drive' on which I [1st] installed Redhat 9.0 on a 2nd partition and then copied the Win-98 CD's files to the laptop's Vfat parition and install Win-98 from there. Seems to work fine with both Win-98 and RH 9.0....
the other laptop is
(B) my laptop, with a '10 gig hard drive', on which I did a network install of Redhat 9.0. it works great.