PDA

View Full Version : Hayes V.92 Voice Faxmodem

KPeeJ
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi

Yeah, so anyway, I briefly ran Knoppix 3.4 last night. Everything worked straight away except.... you guessed it, the modem. It was pretty late and I had to be up early so I didnt bother playing with it. However before I get home from work and start fiddling I thought I'd post to see if anyone here has experienced with this modem or has hgeard of it being a problem before. i.e. Does anyone know if I should not bother wasteing my time as its incompatible / there are no drivers, or weather I can sort it by changing the kppp settings or with a simple d/l.

Cheers

.....KPeej

KPeeJ
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
OK, so I fiddled around a little last night and have managed to query my modem on ttyS0 and ttyS1 (I think those are right) with an XON/XOFF software setting, but all of the ATI values returned are empty :roll: .
After testing my modem it appears to have a supported lucient chipset, however its is an unknown device and no specific drivers exist for it so I've had to get a close match. Hopefully it'll work :?

.....KPeeJ

KPeeJ
08-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Bah, never mind, I'm not reinstalling the driver every tie I run the CD, I'll just buy a hardware modem, I saw one for £9.99 in a shop near me.