PDA

View Full Version : problems with Knoopix 3.5 dvd edition

windiwin
08-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Hello, ich have much problems to install the knoppix 3.5 dvd edition on some harddrive. the problem is: i make the new pation's 1. with 5 Gb 2. swap with 512 mb. After rebooting the partions are ok, but the installer means, that i don't have the rigt partions. i must have 5GB and if i dont have 512 mb ram then also a swap.... But i have it... what can i do??? Please write for a absolut linux beginner :) Thanks (and sorry abaut my english...)

turbinater
08-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Ok, I may be incorrect, but I believe you can fix this like so:

export NOSWAP=1 && knoppix-installer

Just type that into a root console and post your results.

windiwin
08-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello,

thanx for your help, but the Problem ist the same. :(

mzilikazi
08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Simply creating the swap partition is not enough. It needs to be formatted for swap too. Presuming you used /dev/hda2:

mkswap /dev/hda2
swapon /dev/hda2

You can also get around this by telling the installer not to worry about the swap by launching the installer like so:

IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer &

windiwin
08-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Hm, the installer startet now. But when i choose everithing in it, the installer stopps with the eroor message:

Schwerer Dialog Fehler:

Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4.
Use --help to list options.

Thank you...

mzilikazi
08-16-2004, 04:30 PM
I recall getting that same error before when I ran the installer from text mode. Something was (obviously) wrong w/ the installer. If you're running the installer from text mode try running it from within X windows or visa-versa. I *think* you could also download the latest installer and run it from /ramdisk