PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Log-Out window...

howagood
03-19-2003, 01:20 PM
In Knoppix, when one clicks log-out, the window that displays presents an option to "Save session for future logins." Does this option actually work in Knoppix running from a CD? If yes, exactly what does it save?

For example, during a Knoppix session I proceeded to change the wallpaper on my desktop. Later, I logged out of Knoppix and checked the box to "Save session for future logins." When I subsequently started up Knoppix again, the desktop wallpaper had reverted to the Knoppix default.

Thanks and regards,
Howard

RockMumbles
03-19-2003, 05:49 PM
"Save session for future logins." Does this option actually work in Knoppix running from a CD?

No, not with normal 'live' running from cd operation, that option is for systems running from a hd, if you would save your confuration on floppy and make sure to select all buttons I would think it would save your wallpaper, etc., then you would start with: knoppix floppyconfig

The other thing you might want to look into is persistant home, it also would do what you want.

HTH

rock

howagood
03-19-2003, 06:38 PM
What you told me makes sense. Actually, I have a copy of Persistent Home [whatta name!] but I still need a copy of WinISO to fragment the Knoppiox CD and copy the P.H. files where they need to go.

Regards,
Howard

Dave_Bechtel
03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Try this:
boot: ' knoppix 2 '

--When you get the root prompt, Alt-F2 and ' su knoppix '
' startx '

--Change things to be the way you want
--Logout and save changes

Alt-F1 back to Root and ' saveconfig '

--Reboot with ' knoppix floppyconfig ' and see if it worked.

In Knoppix, when one clicks log-out, the window that displays presents an option to "Save session for future logins." Does this option actually work in Knoppix running from a CD? If yes, exactly what does it save?

For example, during a Knoppix session I proceeded to change the wallpaper on my desktop. Later, I logged out of Knoppix and checked the box to "Save session for future logins." When I subsequently started up Knoppix again, the desktop wallpaper had reverted to the Knoppix default.

Thanks and regards,
Howard