PDA

View Full Version : Startup Config ?

djtwok
08-16-2004, 02:13 PM
My Soundcard isnīt working with the standard Knoppix 3.3 running. When Iīm booting from CD and inputting "Knoppix alsa" at startup, the sound works. But when I start Knoppix from HD there is no possibility to input this command at startup - Knoppix boots directly. How can I input the ALSA command at startup, or is there an file like the windows "boot.ini" where I can type the command to execute everytime at Knoppix startup ?

OErjan
08-16-2004, 05:09 PM
there is a line in /etc/lilo.conf that says

append=whatever

ad the cheatcode there (or add the line in lilo.conf) then run lilo (all as root).

bob58
08-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi OErjan......is there a cheat code I can put in append=_______ in LILO to get my USB optical mouse to work? I have tried everything but it just wont work.....I am not sure if i edited the /etc/x11/xf86config-4 file correctly....i think i added "USB Mouse" and commented out "ps/2 mouse" Not sure what do do with that. bob :P

OErjan
08-22-2004, 10:43 AM
i use Xorg on this can of chips/wires, but mostly the same settings should work.

i use

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

but i guess /dev/mouse might have to be changed to /dev/input/mice or /dev/psaux.
my laptop has this (from memory so...)
first

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "AlwaysCore"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

then further down

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
EndSection
this alows me to use both the "mousedevice" (peg on the kbd) and the MX500 usb/ps2 mouse i have.
both will move the same cursor (used as a ps/2 mouse as p1 laptops rarely have USB)