PDA

View Full Version : vnc server

dougvega
08-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I am running knoppix on my desktop and unstable on my laptop can I set up the vnc server on one windows machine and have my linux boxes run different apps off it; I am trying to get my fammilly used to linux an have acces to theire windows without having to dual boot ; or am I infringing license isues by doing so??, not that I care I just want to be on the safe side.

stuart_b
08-19-2004, 12:19 AM
My recollection is that the Windows VNC server doesn't support two connections--or if it does, only allows one of them to control the PC. The same for the version of Terminal Server included in some versions. You can only get multiple connections (other than things like web, telnet, or FTP) if you pay for Terminal Server Edition (or whatever it's called) and the appropriate CALs.

firebyrd10
08-19-2004, 11:50 PM
My recollection is that the Windows VNC server doesn't support two connections--or if it does, only allows one of them to control the PC. The same for the version of Terminal Server included in some versions. You can only get multiple connections (other than things like web, telnet, or FTP) if you pay for Terminal Server Edition (or whatever it's called) and the appropriate CALs.

I think that two can both control a box at the same time,