PDA

View Full Version : Apache,PHP,MySQL & Perl?

pmlabrier
08-19-2004, 06:52 AM
I am looking for a linux liveCD that will let me run a web development environment from a CD, keep configuration files on the floppy and have the web root directory and SQL databases on either a USB CF card reader, USB pen drive or a IDE HD.

Will the regular knoppix CD let me do this?

Also, has PHP5 and SQLite been looked at for a future release?

Thanks,

Paul

CrashedAgain
08-19-2004, 04:38 PM
I am looking for a linux liveCD that will let me run a web development environment from a CD, keep configuration files on the floppy and have the web root directory and SQL databases on either a USB CF card reader, USB pen drive or a IDE HD.

Will the regular knoppix CD let me do this?

Also, has PHP5 and SQLite been looked at for a future release?

Thanks,

Paul

It sounds like this Knoppix would be capable of this, although I have not used any of the apps mentioned.

Additional apps like those mentioned are not likely; there is no room for additional apps on the Knoppix disk.

You could, however make a custom Knoppix remaster removing apps you don't need & replacing them with whatever you want.

tcollinson
08-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I asked this question myself not long ago. With a bit of searching and a little work I have remastered a knoppix CD to hold PHP 5, MySQL 4, and Apache 2. It wouldn't be very hard to save the files to a pen dirve or card reader. And all you need to do to pack on the software you want is open it up, run an apt-update, and then toss out some of the packages you don't need (like games and software suites unrelated to web dev) Very simple... and fun! Good luck

shah
08-20-2004, 03:08 AM
Actually knoppix comes with all this.