PDA

View Full Version : are knoppix-specific packages apt-gettable from somewhere?

gpirujo
08-19-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm remastering Knoppix and I need to make it as small as possible. In apt-get removing packages, I noticed that knoppix-specific (i.e. not Debian's) files where deb packaged too. If some of these knoppix-specific packages are ever uninstalled and I want to restore them... where can I get the .deb's to reinstall them? Is there a deb repository with them? Are they somewhere in the CD? Thanks a lot!!

Superstoned
08-19-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm remastering Knoppix and I need to make it as small as possible. In apt-get removing packages, I noticed that knoppix-specific (i.e. not Debian's) files where deb packaged too. If some of these knoppix-specific packages are ever uninstalled and I want to restore them... where can I get the .deb's to reinstall them? Is there a deb repository with them? Are they somewhere in the CD? Thanks a lot!!

well, its possible for sure. there is a knoppix repository. maybe its already in the standard knoppix-sources.list, or you can find it on this site. (I dont run knoppix, and cant find it now. but I am sure you can find it quite easy. use google, if you have too)

CrashedAgain
08-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Some pkgs are available from:
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/