PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.4 booting problem

Hauck
08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
My knoppix CD ver 3.4 boots nicely on my new "Win XP" computer.

On my older "Win98" desktop the first page starts all right till the "boot:_" prompt.
After RETURN 2 loading .. lines are shown, the the process switches to anew screen, which should show the logo and the "Welcome...."
followed by the booting steps.

This screen appears but is not readable, as if the configuration of the Grafic Card were wrong.

I tried entering relevant "Cheatcodes", I tried all available grafic configurations, but no result.

What is wrong ?

Your help would be appreciated

Heli Hauck

mellouke
08-23-2004, 05:54 PM

On my older "Win98" desktop the first page starts all right till the "boot:_" prompt.
After RETURN 2 loading .. lines are shown, the the process switches to anew screen, which should show the logo and the "Welcome...."

This screen appears but is not readable, as if the configuration of the Grafic Card were wrong.

I tried entering relevant "Cheatcodes", I tried all available grafic configurations, but no result.

What is wrong ?

Heli Hauck

I have te same problème .
when you have boot :
tape : knoppix screen=1024*768

mellouke
08-23-2004, 05:59 PM

What is wrong ?

Heli Hauck

execuse me :
not knoppix screen=1024*786
but knoppix screen=1024x768
good lucky