PDA

View Full Version : My Knoppix Terminal Server Experience & Questions

hhlee
08-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Can I mount USB disk in knoppix terminal?

I'm trying to open Hard Disc (sda) /mnt/sda using Konqueror

The message below popped up:
=======================================
Error - kio_devices_mountehelper <2>

mount: must be superuser to use mount

Please check that the disk is entered correctly.
===========================================

Floppy & CD ROM is working well in knoppix terminal, hoping USB disc can be automounted too.

Find out internet access in knoppix is comparable slower than my SuSE installation in harddisk, probably i i've my cached DNS enabled.

I had try to run the whole knoppix 3.4 in RAM, the application performance is superb!!! but knoppix terminal fails to load the image.

I'm trying to run knoppix 3.6 in RAM now, hoping to see it works. Or anybody can tell me any other knoppix variance can run the whole knoppix in RAM & the terminal server works?

Thanks.

OErjan
08-24-2004, 06:52 PM
it says you have to be root, type sudo su and then
mount -t filesystem /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
you mght have to create /mnt/sda1 directory

hhlee
08-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the info, I've tried that in the knoppix terminal client, but it is not working.

below is thecommand & the message

command: sudo su

if I've left out anything, please help..

I've tried out Knoppix 3.6 running into RAM as a terminal server. It happens to be the same result as in Knoppix 3.4. It fails to mount the server CD-ROM.
Wish that there is a way to make this work.

thewolf
05-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the info, I've tried that in the knoppix terminal client, but it is not working.

below is thecommand & the message

command: sudo su
I have the very same problem with Knoppix 3.8.1: if start the Knoppix Terminal Server on one host and PXE boot another host from it, I cannot get a root shell on the client, since sudo doesn't work, I get the same error message.

Did you find any fix for it?

Thanks.