PDA

View Full Version : KNX 3.6 8-16-04 / Poor Human Being's Boot

pau1knopp
08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
anyone got this working? keeps dumping me out to the limited shell stating " a filesystem couldn't be found. had it working just fine with 3.4

i even did a "tohd=/dev/hda2" and tried to reboot with a "fromhd=/dev/hda2" but to no avail. *sigh*

regards,

~pau1

j.drake
08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
It did for me, but there was one issue. One thing I found was that when I made the 3.6 image, Knoppix had reset the hd partition containing the image to read only, which isn't surprising really, but I did have to deal with it. I did have one problem, in that 3.6 would not let me unmount the partition containing my PH and image, I guess for the same reason it won't let you eject a CD when running live CD. Problem is, I generally have to unmount and remount before the writable thing "takes". I'm still working on that (just d'led late last night, you know), and I'll probably wind up redoing the poorman's by making the drive writable from CD, unmounting, remounting, reinstalling PH, rebooting, THEN making the new image with tohd.

jd

pau1knopp
08-25-2004, 04:57 PM
jd, how did you install poor man? manually or using the "knoppix tohd" cheat code? I will try again tonight.

~pau1

j.drake
08-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Cheatcode. http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall

jd

pau1knopp
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
JD,

Cleared off partition and tried it again, works fine now using the tohd/fromhd cheatcodes. Partition must have been buggered up. Couldn't be operator error... or could it? ;)

thnx

~pau1