PDA

View Full Version : ISDN-CONFIG in Knoppix 3.6

zip.it
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
i'm testing knoppix 3.6 on a econel 30 server & have a problem with the isdn-config tool: (avm fritz pci card is installed)

the "start" button is not available after i configured my isp settings, i can't connect

when i try exactly the same way in knoppix 3.4, it's no problem to connect to the internet via isdn/avm fritz card; on the same machine.

are there known problems with isdn/avm fritz cards in knoppix 3.6 ?

thanks for any ideas!

zip.it

raphaelmack
10-14-2004, 02:13 PM
I have the same problem. Is there any solution around? What can i config by hand? Is there any error log somewhere? I didn't find anything...

Raphael

finger-digital
10-21-2004, 01:24 PM
same Problem for me too :-(

wihle trying to configure with isdn-config there where not entries in /var/log/messages

I then tried to start isdn as root "/etc/init.d/isdn start", after that I tried to dial with "isdnctrl dial ippp0".
In /var/log/messages you can see that there is an attempt to dial but it ends up with
"fcpcipnp0,ch0 cause E001B"

in "man isdn_cause" this meens error location from user (I think my PC) and cause "Destination out of order"

Any hints ???

Thanx,
Achim

finger-digital
11-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Hello,

to make things clearer what happens on my side:
I have 2 PCI Cards sharing the same IRQ11 (my Video-Card and the FritzCard ISDN-Controller) and I have suse 6.3, suse 7.2 and suse 9.2 installed on my system. Using the suse-distributions I have no problem to connect to my provider.
At the moment I think the problem with debian/knoppix is in the "handling" of pci or interrupts but I don't know the modules responsible for that.

There is one last thing I could try: change the physical slot of the ISDN FritzCard, but because the system ddoes well with suse I don't want to to that.

@zip.it and raphaelmack:
try to install with the debian "isdnconfig", this is only text-based but it seems that the right config-files will be written with this tool.