PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my Orinoco Gold working with Knoppix 3.6 / Kismet

Haakneus
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Yesterday i tried Knoppix 3.6. I tried Kismet, but it doesn't work anymore. In Knoppix 3.4 it worked just fine.

I do this:
- su
- change /etc/kismet/kismet.conf: activiate the orinoco
- start kismet

In 3.6 i get the following error-message:
Source 0 (orinocosource): Enabling monitor mode for orinoco source eth0 channel 6...
eth0: Monitor mode support is buggy in this firmware, not enabling
FATAL: Could not find 'monitor' private ioctl or use the new style 'mode monitor' command. This typically means that the drivers have not been patched or the correct drivers are being loaded. See the troubleshooting section of the README for more information.

any suggestions are welcome !

greetings,
Haakneus

magyar
09-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Your not the only one having a problem, and I'm extremely disappointed. I've used several versions of knoppix without a problem with my same orinoco card, but this latest release is a big let down.

(nice to note that the community has responded to your inqury :roll: )

I've tried remastering my own knoppix and patching the orinoco drivers as mentioned in the kismet documentation. However, I just managed to completely disable the ability to use my orinoco card at all (it's no longer recognized correctly as an orinoco card). So the documentation to fix this is lacking :cry:

Just going back to 3.4, I guess. Maybe it will be fixed in the next release.

Haakneus
09-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Thankx for your reaction.... i hope the next version of Knoppix will support my Orionco Gold again...