PDA

View Full Version : Running Knoppix off of the cd....

marcmdm
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
And when I finally get into the GUI the screen is all scrambled. My monitor only supports up to 1024x768 PLEASE HELP ME

robwelch100
08-27-2004, 10:34 PM
knoppix is set to default to 1024X768 so I think we can rule the resolution out. When it is booting, does it properly recognize your graphics card? if not what does it say it's going to use for video?

marcmdm
08-27-2004, 10:54 PM
yes it finds it fine. I ran the refresh to 60 hz and it worked out fine.

would this os be a viable alternative to windows XP??

OErjan
08-28-2004, 02:09 PM
for me it is, for you... only you can know.

pvdvyve
08-30-2004, 03:01 PM
yes it finds it fine. I ran the refresh to 60 hz and it worked out fine.

would this os be a viable alternative to windows XP??

I've got Knoppix HD-installed as only OS on one pc(to work with, surfing, emailing,etc, and as a dual boot on the pc used with other members of the family(it's a newer one and I also want to play Enemy Teritorry on Linux, and i've got one pc with mswinxp used as multimedia thing to watch DVD's which i've got problems with in Linux. On thing is for certain: you have to look better when you buy new hardware. My scanner is not supported, so I still need windows for that. I've got an aiptek webcam en fujifilm photo shooter: to get my pictures is no problem, but the webcam functions are not possible(I don't really need that, so not an argument to me.) I bought a new adsl modem-router-firewall-printer server...That was a good thing. So, you see: you have to check out for yourself...have lots of fun