PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.3

Byrnsone
08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
I recently got a copy of knoppix 3.3 and this guy said it would work on my computer but when it boots up the desktop screen is all scrambeled and i can not do anything with it.I also have the boot disk.

I read it needs a I486 pentium or better, I have a :

Intel celeron 1.7ghz my computer info say's

X86 family 15 model 1 stepping 3

I am running windows 98 is it not compatible with this sytem information I provided :cry: :x

OErjan
08-28-2004, 02:13 PM
have you tried the cheatcodes? they are listed if you press F3 when you see boot: at bottom of screen. read more here.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
hope it helps you some. i have tried Knoppix on several diferent systems, ranging from 486'es to P4 3.2Ghz and AMD XP3200 systems, memmory from 32Mb to 2Gb so it should work.

robwelch100
08-28-2004, 06:58 PM
It sounds like when it boots it is not finding the correct diver for your video card and I bet it loads the vesa driver and it is not working properly. Post what kind of card you have and see if anyone knows how tell knoppix at boot to use the correct driver. I do not know how this is done but if I find something I will get back to you.

In the meantime try at boot typing: knoppix vga=normal
the resolution will suck but you can see if it works.

Byrnsone
08-29-2004, 03:56 AM
Hey thanks for the replys you all, and the video card i am using is a integreated card which is a prosavage s3 graphics card. but i had to use a driver form A amd motherboard driver disk because the one on my gigabit disk would not install.