PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help please . . . .

ajunt_ornj
08-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Okay, installed Knoppix on a hard drive. It was working fine and would boot as long as I had my boot disk. Something happened to my boot disk and I was unable to startup off the hard drive. I then searched around and found instructions on how to create a new boot disk from the cd. I did so and when I went to start up it said it was unable to find the knoppix installation. I also noticed at the very top it said "Welcome to the Knoppix live-evaluation cd". I have searched and searched, and am unable to find an appropriate answer. Could someone help me? I would like to get knoppix running without the need for a diskette or cd.

@jÜц_Ø®Ñj

robwelch100
08-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Then simply install to your hard drive like any other os. At the top of the page is a tab called Docs, go there and find the section on hd installs. Follow the directeions and viola, no more boot disks needed.

baldyeti
08-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi ajunt, I suppose you were booting from a floppy, which got corrupted or something, right? The easiest thing to try might be the GAG boot loader (http://gag.sourceforge.net/). Once you're able to boot into you knoppix install, I strongly suggest you take the leap and install lilo to dual boot. It works for many of us (millions ;-?) and makes life simpler.