PDA

View Full Version : Am I screwed to wait?

Stealth870
08-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Ok, I have a problem:

I have a 9800 Pro, and I can't get my resolution over 1024x768@60Hz even though Windows supports 1280x1024@75Hz. Now I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the drivers. Since my card is new, its not really supported. Atleast, from what I've seen, my other computer works fine, with a GeforceFX5200U using those "nv" genetic drivers. And it allows Linux to run at the monitors max stuff. But the problem is that being radeon, and using the Fglrx drivers, it just won't work. And I think the monitor continues to use "vesa" drivers. I probably can MAKE Knoppix use those fglrx drivers, but I dont know how. It seems that XF86Config is always reseting since my hd-install of Knoppix 3.4 does the same thing as the CD, all that auto-detect stuff...(btw, is there a way to disable that?) Also, it seems that Xfree86 could have something to do with it. I know that 4.4.0 suppports all the new Radeons, but the freaking Fglrx drivers don't support Xfree86 :!: Now what the heck am I suppose to do?

user unknown
08-31-2004, 11:39 PM
please use specific topics like '9800 Pro Grafikcard, Fglrx drivers, resolution'

shah
09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Get your driver built for Debian from here:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html#bin