PDA

View Full Version : New HP pavilion zt3000 wont boot except failsafe

acemilo
08-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Ok I tried asking in the knoppix-std forums but they don't like to be helpful. I got a brand new hp pavilion zt3000 laptop and it will boot phlak and suse live just fine, but knoppix and knoppix-std wont boot unless I use the failsafe cheatcode. I have a 15.4" 1900x1200 lcd and an ati radeon mobility 9200 64mb video card. It does boot but I get no image (I can hear the loading into knoppix message). I tried setting the resolution to everything I can think of and tried forcing the refresh rate to 60 and nothing worked. The only working cheatcode is failsafe but I cant really use anything since it bypasses the drivers. I also tried vga=normal and no dice. Does anyone have any ideas to get this working? Phlak boots but nothing works really because it doesnt support my wireless and suse works but I like knoppix. I know my disc is fine it works fine in my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

acemilo
09-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Ok I downloaded 3.6 and it works like a charm. I just wish it supported my wireless adapter, its an intel wireless g internal adapter (centrino laptop).

impure_client
10-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Have you tried running wlcardconfig and inputting your network name? I understand the problem, Knoppix is a little flighty on wireless network cards.

stoner
12-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, I have 3.8 and I can't get it installed on mine. Same specs as above, zt3000 with the 15.4" 1920x1200.

I loaded the CD...and it won't get past the very first screen where it's showing the normal grey/black background with the nice colorful black X for a cursor...cursor moves around, but it's not getting anywhere. No idea?