PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Cable Modem

gandalf1967
09-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Hallo, ich bin neu hier. Ich nutze eine Internetverbindung über das Fernseh Kabelnetz ( Breitband ) als Flatrate. Das Modem, ein Motorola SB5100 Surfboard, wird unter Knoppix Live CD erkannt und ich kann das Internet nutzen. Sobald ich Knoppix fest auf der Festplatte installiert habe, komme ich nicht mehr ins Internet. Woran liegt das? Kennt jemand dieses Problem?

Vielen Dank im vorraus, Dirk Evertz

Harry Kuhman
09-02-2004, 12:27 PM
You seem to have the same problem that many other people have, Knoppix failing after an install to hard disk. I suggest that you read through this forum for the many old posts that have discussed this.

Also, this is an English forum. I believe there is a German forum that you might find and try, but here English is used. Sometimes not as well as others, but even non-native English users do try to use English here. You'll have a better chance of getting results if you post in English, even if you write the question in another language and then use a site like babelfish.altavista.com to translate it for you.

shah
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
I don't understand a word what you say but Im guessing you have problem connecting to internet using motorola SB5100.
You should look in your /etc/network/interfaces:
Try changing your netmask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0.