PDA

View Full Version : i486???

Quite
09-02-2004, 09:22 PM
I was wanting to know what they ment when they say processor arcitacure

Because i can run Knoppix on my AMD 2200+ processor but when i try to run something like Knoppix-STD or SUSE or something it wont run would this wave some thing to do with it

And what are the different articures for all of processors

OErjan
09-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Ix86 (X =3-->6 just now) means anything based on the Intel 32Bit 386 CPU, which is HUGE amount of diferent cpu's.
Ix86 can e anything from Intel386-->pentium4 (celeron) 3.XGhz . or AMD or Cyrix... 386, 486, 586 (yes they exist). pentium 1-->4, pentium pro, celeron, athlon, duron, XP.... as you see the list could be made long.

So YES your 2.2Ghz SHOULD be supported. it might be some minor thing tripping those others. like a nonstandard keyboard, mouse, screen...
do you get any error message?
if so post it here
EDIT by "based on" i mean they are related... the ones folowing have evolved but share several thingsin common. /EDIT

Quite
09-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I get no errors at all it just doesnt ever boot one time it acted like it was going to but it just went to the windows boot

yes ive burned them properly but im thinking my burner (Nero) isnt burning anything cause one time i was able to burn the same image to the same cd twice and i am using Cd-R's so i shouldnt be able to do that cause the images are 700mb just fitting on a cd-r

OErjan
09-03-2004, 08:50 PM
have you checked theimages md5sum?
exactly HOW did you burn it?

Quite
09-03-2004, 08:53 PM
yes ive checked the md5 on the knoppix-std and it was correct

i went in and clicked disk image which burns the image to the cd in the correct format and no its not just copying the image file to the cd so that you can get to it as a single file it the correct way is how i did it

also the mouse and keyboard are standard for my comp.

A. Jorge Garcia
09-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Is your BIOS setup to use the CD drive as the primary or first boot device?

Good Luck,
AJG

Quite
09-04-2004, 04:43 PM
ok in my first post i believe i said i could boot the reg. Knoppix and yes it is set up that way i know i changed it my self