PDA

View Full Version : Canīt boot KNOPPIX!

chris577
09-03-2004, 02:41 PM
"welcome to the knoppix live-Linux-on-CD" is the only thing I see.
After that nothing more happend. Is there an error on my CD or is there a command which I have to enter?

Please can anyone help me?

wcloteaux
09-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I will attempt to give advice. Each time that I have had this occur, I have had to look to the Hard Drive or the RAM. I still use the hard drive but I know that there is a possibility that I will have problems. First wipe the hard drive, WIPE not format. Use ERASE as it is a free program and will work very well. Do not attempt to partition for Windoze or other Linux. Only one OS this should clear one problem. If you have it available use Knoppix 3.3 and later you can install over it with 3.4 or 3.6. During install do not attempt to use cheats or modify anything. If everything works correctly then you can reinstall over it with the version of your choice. NOTE: connect all hardware that you will be using as the system will attempt to configure your system for them. If all does not go well, reinstall. should all go well, immediately check for printer , USB Flash drive, modem, and any other hardware will expect to have available. When asked which install you would like, choose beginner , then on a later install choose whichever you like. Don't let the install upset you as I do quite often and it only takes about 45 min total. Easy, really easy. Go for it. Good Luck.

William

pulsar
09-04-2004, 11:51 PM
The first thing you can do is to check the cd image. Type 'knoppix testcd' in the bootscreen and press enter. If the cd image is ok try cheatcodes(bootoptions). Press F2 and F3 to view. Cheatcodes you might try: 'knoppix nodma', 'knoppix noapic' or even 'knoppix failsave'.
http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tutorial/english/knoppix_boot_details.html