PDA

View Full Version : Boot Problems

fishjg
09-04-2004, 12:48 PM
I accidently downloaded the German version. When i tried to boot it said 'looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0 ... can't find KNOPPIX filsystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell'. But, when i type in 'knoppix noagp noapm nodma nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb' at boot, it works fine. This version is V3.4

I downloaded the English version, and the same thing happens (can't find Knoppix filesystem). However, if I type in 'noagp....' I get a lot of cloop errors. I hear these mean that the CD hardware is bad, but i was just using it... so what's the deal? This verison is V3.6

Thank you!

firebyrd10
09-04-2004, 05:12 PM
I accidently downloaded the German version. When i tried to boot it said 'looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0 ... can't find KNOPPIX filsystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell'. But, when i type in 'knoppix noagp noapm nodma nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb' at boot, it works fine. This version is V3.4

I downloaded the English version, and the same thing happens (can't find Knoppix filesystem). However, if I type in 'noagp....' I get a lot of cloop errors. I hear these mean that the CD hardware is bad, but i was just using it... so what's the deal? This verison is V3.6

Thank you!
Did you md5sum the file when you got to make sure its not corrupted? Also if it isn't corrupted it could just be a bad burn.

fishjg
09-04-2004, 07:32 PM
do I just type md5sum at the boot command?

firebyrd10
09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
First you want to md5sum the iso file.

http://md5summer.org/

if thats good, type knoppix testcd at boot prompt.

If you get any errors then chances are things won't work.