PDA

View Full Version : "A Drive" problem...

chris-harry
09-05-2004, 10:48 AM
ok... one day sitting at my computer (it was at night)... i smell this burning smell... and no it wasnt my meatloaf in the oven because i hadent started dinner... anyway... i pinpoint the source of smell to be my A drive... it was sizzling... turned my computer off quickly and get the CO2. not much of a fire if you really want to know... after about 30 minutes, i finally opened my computer and removed my floppy drive (dont take that the wrong way please). I then found a replace ment... plugged it in, and then turned my computer on... then here is the real real problem... i only told you the stuff before this because i think you would like a good story.

My floppy drive wont register as an A drive in my Bios (yes i do have an old fart of a computer). it will only register as a B drive... and then it isnt properly regestring in knoppix...

WHAT Shall I do?

shah
09-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Did you replace your floppy cable?
You should.

chris-harry
09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
yeah... new cable and all. :D:D

j.drake
09-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Maybe a jumper on your new drive?

Did you put the cable on the right connector?

If your computer is as old as you say, then boot order and drive designation may well be governed by hardware, and you may need to move a jumper or a plug.

jd

OErjan
09-06-2004, 07:00 PM
did you plug it in on the rigt conector?

chris-harry
09-13-2004, 11:32 AM
well... it is working in Koppix... it is just regestring as a "B" drive now, not the "A" drive. I move the jumpers around... nothing. Its now regestring in Knoppix by the way.