PDA

View Full Version : default cursor

omziff
09-07-2004, 07:15 AM
is there a way to change the default cursor (the one with the drop-shadow) , to one with no drop-shadow, when running from CD? I looked all through the control panel, but found no solution.

many tks in adv,
omziff

CrashedAgain
09-09-2004, 05:48 AM
is there a way to change the default cursor (the one with the drop-shadow) , to one with no drop-shadow, when running from CD? I looked all through the control panel, but found no solution.

many tks in adv,
omziff
If you save configs to HD (or to a floppy) or set up configs in a persistent home, you can change the startup settings; otherwise Knoppix will start with its default settings every time. As for cursors, I think you are pretty much limited to the few that are available in the cursor standard cursor themes. You can maybe install a downloaded cursor theme once you are up and running but I don't think you can save it, the only configs you can save are in /etc folder & the cursor theme files are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons.
Too bad Knoppix doesn't have a standard cursor available which is more visible on a laptop.[/quote]