PDA

View Full Version : K3B CD burner

Chuckbaker
09-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Hello. I have a question about the K3B cd burner. I am trying to copy files to a cd and when I open up K3B I click in the directory pane, I click Root/mnt/hda1.

But nothings shows up in the files pane. I am running Knoppix 3.6 and I have a system with 2 hard drives on it. Now hda1 should be may c: drive first partition but no files show on K3B.

Now when I click on the icon that is at the left on the desktop it opens up just fine and shows all the files. And I do have the dirve mounted when I open it in K3B.

Anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't show any files??

UnderScore
09-09-2004, 02:40 AM
My system is:
AMD Duron 1.6GHz
384 MB RAM
1 - 40GB HD
- hda1 16GB NTFS WindowsXP
- hda2 1GB linux swap
- hda 3 8.1 GB ext2 linux root
WindowsXP's boot menu has control of the HD's MBR and I do not use grub or lilo.
1 - generic 52x CDROM - hdc
1 - LiteON 32X CDRW - hdd
Just right now, I did the following:
I booted with Knoppix 3.6, go to the desktop. Clicked on the hda1 icon and saw the C: & Windows files. Then I ran K3B and browsed like you mentioned from root to mnt/hda1 and I saw the same files. I created a new data cd project and dragged & dropped "Norton Antivirus" from "Program Files" to the CD project pane. I then successfully burned a CDR of the files.

I have no idea why I was successful while you ran into problems.
I hope this helps.
James

Chuckbaker
09-09-2004, 08:00 AM
My system is:
AMD Duron 1.6GHz
384 MB RAM
1 - 40GB HD
- hda1 16GB NTFS WindowsXP
- hda2 1GB linux swap
- hda 3 8.1 GB ext2 linux root
WindowsXP's boot menu has control of the HD's MBR and I do not use grub or lilo.
1 - generic 52x CDROM - hdc
1 - LiteON 32X CDRW - hdd
Just right now, I did the following:
I booted with Knoppix 3.6, go to the desktop. Clicked on the hda1 icon and saw the C: & Windows files. Then I ran K3B and browsed like you mentioned from root to mnt/hda1 and I saw the same files. I created a new data cd project and dragged & dropped "Norton Antivirus" from "Program Files" to the CD project pane. I then successfully burned a CDR of the files.

I have no idea why I was successful while you ran into problems.
I hope this helps.
James

Well the only thing that I can think of is that drive is my my original drive that came with my computer and I has WinME on it. Since then I have added the second drive that has WinXP PRO on it.

Maybe there is something in the formatting of hda1 that K3B doesn't like.

firebyrd10
09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Try clicking the devices tab and going to the HD that way.