PDA

View Full Version : Remastering for cheatcodes

abit_oik
09-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Hi everybody

I've created two partitions on a USB stick, one for configuration and the other for a persistent home directory. When I boot I type

knoppix myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2

I would like these to be set a default to save typing and typos sometimes get the partitions the wrong way round.

After a little investigation it looked like that I could edit the isolinux.cfg file to include the myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 in the default APPEND line.

Did this re-created the iso and burned to CD.

When booting knoppix attempts to find the KNOPPIX file on either sda1 or sda2, fails because it's not there it's on the CD. Then drops down into a limited shell.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

el_supremo
09-09-2004, 05:05 PM
It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?

Best Wishes
Pete

abit_oik
09-09-2004, 06:15 PM
It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?

Best Wishes
Pete

The KNOPPIX file was part of the ISO that I burned, for some reason KNOPPIX has been converted to knoppix. Have to have another look at my mkisofs.

Thanks

abit_oik
09-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Missed out most of the mkisofs flags like -pad -l -r -J etc. No wonder it didn't work!

Thanks for making me look to see what I'd actually done.

Works great. I've added myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 to the default and Knoppix in isolinux.cfg.

el_supremo
09-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Glad you got it working.

Pete