PDA

View Full Version : Surf internet through a Webramp router/hub

katrina1
03-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Hello. I'm a newbie but not totally clueless. I just got Knoppix and it runs off CD beautifully! Having a problem surfing over my network though. We use static IP addresses on our computers and Webramp gateway. I can ping the Webramp and surf into it with no problem to look at it's various settings pages so I know my network is running. However, I can't surf anywhere on the Internet when the Webramp is connected via it's modem. My son can surf on Windows XP while I am just sitting here unable to get through. I can surf with no problems when I boot up in Win 98 instead. Assume it must be a settings problem. Tried networkcardconfig. No luck. Saying no to DHCP. Any ideas? Can't find instructions on setup to surf over a lan rather than a direct modem connect.

RockMumbles
03-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Get the machine ip address, netmask, network address and gateway address from your system running windows (run winipcfg), if you can ping the router but not get onto the internet I think that the gateway addrress is not set correctly.

You might want to boot up with:

knoppix nodhcp

Then use netcardconfig and put in the values you got from running windows, then make sure everything works and then do a " floppy save config " from the KNOPPIX config menu.

HTH

rock