PDA

View Full Version : error on booting from cd

jason25
09-12-2004, 05:20 PM
hi i am new to the linux os and i am beginning to try to use knoppix. the problem is that when i try to boot from the cd it tells me it cann't find the knoppix file system and then proceeds to give a limited amount of command to be used such as mount etc.problem is i cann't type. anyone have a clue what to do?

rrfish72
09-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Try booting a few times. Sometimes it works after that. Otherwise you just have a defective burn. Might have to reburn slowing down the write speed.

turbinater
09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Also try the cheatcodes knoppix noapm noscsi, and knoppix noapm noscsi nodma, just mix and match untill you get it to work.

Knoppix has problems running on some cd-drive/hardware combinations. maybe you could try different drive, or like rrfish72 said, it could just be a bad cd

jason25
09-12-2004, 09:14 PM
try the cheat codes how? what do i do with them. lol have patients with me i really want to get away from the dreded wiondows os all together.

rrfish72
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
When boot screen comes up hit F2 and at the prompt type in the cheat codes.
Like knoppix noapm noscsi lang=us. You have to try different ones to see which might work.

CrashedAgain
09-13-2004, 04:28 AM
When boot screen comes up hit F2 and at the prompt type in the cheat codes.
Like knoppix noapm noscsi lang=us. You have to try different ones to see which might work.

You don't actually have to hit f2 first, although it helps since it gives a list of what codes are acceptable. Just type in the codes at the main boot screen.

pulsar
09-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Read this tutorial: http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tutorial/english/knoppix_boot_details.html