PDA

View Full Version : i need help???

ck_lee
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
As i know, the knoppix software is using the CD to run the Linux, how come i still need a least 2GB in the Harddisk???

is it after i used the 2GB to install the knoppix and i wish to run it by using the CD, then i can delete the 2GB file inside my PC n still can operate the Knippix?????

Thank you for anyone who help me

shah
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Haven't this Q answered in your previous post? :D

mzilikazi
09-16-2004, 01:45 PM
As i know, the knoppix software is using the CD to run the Linux, how come i still need a least 2GB in the Harddisk???

You only need 2G on your partition IF you wish to install Knoppix to your hdd. You do not need any hdd at all to run Knoppix from cd.

is it after i used the 2GB to install the knoppix and i wish to run it by using the CD, then i can delete the 2GB file inside my PC n still can operate the Knippix?????

Thank you for anyone who help me

If you installed Knoppix to hdd then it lives in the 2G partition that you created for it. Do not delete this partition or anything in it or your installation will be gone. You may still run Knoppix from cd but realize that it is completely different than running Knoppix from your hdd. They are 2 seperate operating systems.