PDA

View Full Version : Questions after hard drive install and /mnt directory.

rstoeck
09-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Apologies in advance if this is answered elsewhere, but I didn't see my two questions answered elsewhere on the forum or the bug list.

First, in both 3.4 and 3.6, when I am in Konqueror or even just trying to save a file to a device in the /mnt directory (like to a USB drive) from a KDE text editor or Openoffice or anything else, it takes a couple of minutes for the /mnt directory to open up. And every new application also goes through this waiting period to open /mnt even if another application has already opened it up. This was also the case when I ran Knoppix off of the CD, but remains a problem after the hard drive install. Anyone else experienced that or have a fix for it?

Also, one of the things that was so nice about the Knoppix CD was how it mounted everything automatically--usb drives, the Windows partition, etc., and showed the mounts on the desktop. After the hard drive install that was gone. Is there any way to do a hard drive install and preserve that?

Thanks,

Randy Stoecker

oscar
09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
During installation you must choose knoppix-style method.
more about this here

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6785&highlight=knoppixinstaller+method+debian