PDA

View Full Version : Lock screen does not ask for password

Damon
03-23-2003, 12:11 PM
I've enabled screensave and checked "require password". After the specified idle time, the screensaver comes out and will ask for password. However, if I click the "lock screen" from the menu, the screensaver comes out but does not ask for password. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

god
03-23-2003, 10:05 PM
unless this is on a hdd install, their is no password, unless you set a password... that might be why thier is a problem... maybe if you left a bit more info we can be more helpful, or perhaps some one who knows more that i can say something to help you.

Damon
03-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is after HD install.

davros4269
07-27-2003, 11:32 PM
I realize that the original message was posted some time ago, but I have the same problem with a knoppix hd install...

The screensaver "system", for lack of a better word, is not working...I do realize that this is a combination of several programs...

I've downloaded a screensaver package but most don't work. When set to random, I get almost nothing and I cannot lock the screen with a password...

Perhaps it's a setup/config issue - how does one go about configuring a screensaver system similar to what other distros give you by default?

Here's what I am used to from other distros:

1. when I click lock screen, it starts my screensaver of choice or random if random is selected and locks the screen.

2. durng an idle time, the screensaver comes on, WITHOUT locking the screen