PDA

View Full Version : Display woes on Thinkpad T22 with 3.6

doco
09-22-2004, 12:10 AM
I have some trouble with my Thinkpad T22 and the new 3.6 version.
I've been using 3.2 for quite a while now, and everything worked mostly okay there, but when I tried out 3.6 recently, my computer fried no matter what I did.

After the "Loading linux24...." line, when it is supposed to switch to framebuffer mode, it hangs every single time and needs a hard reset.

Neither one of the kernel options works, neither does "knoppix 2", "knoppix nofb" or "expert" help. The only method to boot the machine is using "failsafe", and that's pretty unsatisfiying...

Were there any changes between 3.2 and 3.6 that might be the potential troublemakers? Anyone got any idea?

atrick-pay
09-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Have you tried: Knoppix26 noscsi acpi=on

bstadil
09-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I have some trouble with my Thinkpad T22 and the new 3.6 version.
Anyone got any idea?

I have a T22 and it hangs like you said unless I do
knoppix26 acpi=off
then everything works fine. Works with 2.4 kernel as well.

doco
10-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Some more stuff on 3.6...

The laptop is a Thinkpad T22, Model 2647-8EG.
I managed to get 3.6 booting a few times with "knoppix26 apm=off", but it doesn't reproduce, i.e. sometimes it may boot, most likely not. Even turning APM completely off in the BIOS didn't help a single bit.

This whole issue is sickening me. 3.2 worked fine, so what in the world is FUBAR'd in 3.6 that it doesn't boot on my model anymore?

bstadil
10-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Some more stuff on 3.6...

The laptop is a Thinkpad T22, Model 2647-8EG.
I managed to get 3.6 booting a few times with "knoppix26 apm=off", but it doesn't reproduce, i.e. sometimes it may boot, most likely not. Even turning APM completely off in the BIOS didn't help a single bit.

This whole issue is sickening me. 3.2 worked fine, so what in the world is FUBAR'd in 3.6 that it doesn't boot on my model anymore?

Did you try acpi-off I have a T22 2647 8EU and it works fine. What BIOS are you using. I flashed mine to latest. If you still have Windows installed it is dead simple to upgrade the BIOS just take exe file from here http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=BMOE-3VAM8Y
and execute it with battery and Power connected.