PDA

View Full Version : Apollon Crashes in 3.6

bongski55
09-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Installed Apollon on 3.6 hard disk installed. Worked on same pc but version 3.4

This time apollon starts but crashes after just a second on displayuing the apollon window. Gives out the KDE crash handler window.

So I proceeded and downloaded the executablel for apollon and in the process of installing it asked for "libltdl". Checking the packages installed I found "libltdl3" installed already.
Then I went back to 3.4 and did a poor man's install. Apollon installed and worked flawlessly.Did not even have to compile apollon.I just had to untar and start the wrapper script and it worked.
This is definitely a 3.6 issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pau1knopp
09-24-2004, 12:37 AM
It crashes for me big time in 3.4 v 5.17.04 as well.

However, I am using a CD install and klik to run appolon. (this is the main reason I am staying with 3.4 for now, klik doesn't work consistently with 3.6).

after a short period of time it disconnects. when you reconnect, it says that it is unable to start giftd, and you have to reboot. very aggrevating.

Are you running from a hard drive install?

~pau1

shah
09-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Apollon from klik crashed on 3.4.
What I did was, installed gifd then apollon using apt.
Then copy apopriate directory from klik's apollon and paste to normal directory on my hd. Remove the klik's apollon.
Everything is okay now.
:D

bongski55
09-24-2004, 06:36 AM
Are you running from a hard drive install?[~pau1

I used to have 3.6 on my hard drive,debian install. Now I revert to 3.4 no problems so far with apollon.

I know what caused my 3.6 errors. In 3.6 libmagick version is 6 while the apollon looks for libmagick 5.5.Thus the error and the kde crash. Oh well I'll stick to 3.4 at the moment. Apollon is so useful to me and it is better than kazaa! :lol: