PDA

View Full Version : No scanner after HDD Install

BaltikaTroika
09-27-2004, 05:46 AM
I've got a system with a KNX-HDINSTALL (I don't have a newer disc yet with the new HD install command), and like always, I can't get stuff to run like it did when I was using the disc.

I've searched high and low for the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere. Here's hoping one of you can help!

Live CD Knoppix would pick up my Canon CanoScan N670U USB scanner right off the bat and I could use it without a problem. Now I've got a hard drive install, I can't get it to pick up my scanner. As far as my HD install is concerned, there is no scanner hooked up to my machine!

How do I fix this? Also, can anybody lead me to a good HOW-TO that will help me with other "migrating from Live-CD to HDD Install" problems?

Thanks!
Dave

Superstoned
09-27-2004, 01:33 PM
I've got a system with a KNX-HDINSTALL (I don't have a newer disc yet with the new HD install command), and like always, I can't get stuff to run like it did when I was using the disc.

I've searched high and low for the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere. Here's hoping one of you can help!

Live CD Knoppix would pick up my Canon CanoScan N670U USB scanner right off the bat and I could use it without a problem. Now I've got a hard drive install, I can't get it to pick up my scanner. As far as my HD install is concerned, there is no scanner hooked up to my machine!

How do I fix this? Also, can anybody lead me to a good HOW-TO that will help me with other "migrating from Live-CD to HDD Install" problems?

Thanks!
Dave

after hd-install, hardware detection is gone. this is because you whoulnt be able to make changes if there whould still be hardware detection (it changes your files every boot). so you should have done the hdinstall while the scanner was hooked on and working. or you should run the hardware detection. or run the cd again, and if the scanner works, copy the relevant config files (from /etc/config I guess) and run your system.

or run the config program (saneconfig? sanesetup? google...).